Friday, January 7, 2011

My Dad is the funniest person I know. Lately, I've realized how much he has molded my wack sense of humor. I laugh at random and inappropriate things and now I know who to blame. Our conversations are golden moments in time in which I am often very confused or crying from laughter. I feel compelled to share.



Dad: Anju, I was at a nice party the other night and I saw a girl that looked like you. That is, she had a typical Indian shape and size just like you.

Me: That's because we are girls. Not because we are Indian.

Dad: Meaning, she had that typical Indian shape of hair and the same face and eyes.

Me: Again, those are human traits. There is nothing Indian about having eyes and hair and a face.

Dad: Well she didn't look like Madhavi.

Me: You mean she didn't look like my also Indian little sister?

Dad: Whatever, my point is that she looked like you except for her mouth. She had a very familiar pout. Who did she look like...?

Me: Was it someone we know?

Dad: AH! It was that Miley Cyrus!

Me: o jeez

Dad: She was so familiar!!

Me: I can't believe you know what she looks like. You found out who Britney Spears is like a month ago.

Dad: You know how I know her? Her father!! He was on that TV show! The Oprah Winfrey of the Night?

Me: What?? What does that mean??

Dad: You know that man? On the TV? You know that David Letterman?

Me: Yes

Dad: You know he has that fierce competition with that other man! He is also on the TV!

Me: Jay Leno? You call him the Oprah of the Night?

Dad: AHA! Yes!


*Someone knocks at the door*


Dad: Uh Oh...Santa Claus is here eh?!

Me: ...





Sometimes, I don't know what to say.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't breath because I'm laughing so hard!!!

Celeste said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Post a Comment